Megan and I set out on the 2011 version of our Great American Road Trip a little less than a week ago. We’ve spent the time since leaving Canada with my family in Cleveland. First and foremost, I need to say thanks to the Burnside and the Kinsch clans for showing us such a great time and touring us around north eastern Ohio – it was a trip!
Now, back to work. I need to be more diligent when it comes to posting here and on the Flash Light Expeditions blog (www.flashlightexpeditions.com). I’m going to do my best to post little bits here and there as we make our way across the USA, if and when I can, starting with a short look back at our time here in Cleveland.
Tomorrow we are off to Indianapolis. I know nothing of the city save for the races for which it is named (?!) and the fact that a few episodes of Man vs. Food were filmed in the downtown core. This could be fun…
I haven’t had much of a chance to edit many of the 1,300 Ohio photos yet, but I thought I should get something onto the interwebs before we roll on out of the state. These are largely untouched and straight out of the camera – stay tuned to my flickr feed for a full feast of Cleveland photos, retouched and fully processed.
From top to bottom:
1. Progressive Field at night. Indians lose to the Rays!
2. Cleveland bridges from the upper deck at Progressive Field.
3. Inside the Old Stone Church, downtown Cleveland.
4. Cherry blossom tree in bloom, public square, Cleveland.
5. Courtney and a faceless Amish doll, Amish Country.
6. Horse and buggy ride through Amish Country.
7. Friendly vendor at the West Side Market.
8. Tribe fan, Little Italy.
9. Clock and flag, West Side Market.
10. Garfield Tomb doors, Lakeview Cemetery.
11. The Burnside Crew!