Okay, so we made it into and out of the home of motorsports without taking in a single race… but we still managed to have a great time.
We rolled into Indianapolis and met up with Shelley and Ben, two of Megan’s childhood friends. They were gracious enough to put us up – and put up with us – for a few days and we toured Indy together. This is but a quick snapshot of our adventures in Indiana. Stay tuned to flickr for a full recap over the coming weeks…
We’re having a grand old time on the Great American Road Trip 2011. We just wrapped up in Des Moines and landed in Lincoln, Nebraska. We’re still debating on whether or not we should take a trip through Missouri to witness some of the devastation the storms and tornados have wrought over the past few weeks.
In the interim, I’ll be working through images from Indianapolis and Chicago and working on more content here and at www.flashlightexpeditions.com
From top to bottom:
1. Skyline view from White River State Park.
2. Fresh brew at Brugge Brasserie in Broad Ripple.
3. Flash wins a dollar bowling a strike at Beech Grove Bowl.
4. Telecom wires reflected in a pond in suburban Indy.
5. Bartender at the Broad Ripple Brew Pub.
6. Rome Ali of http://www.foodieus.com
7. Rooney! Man’s best friend.
8. Friendly host at Thr3e Wise Men Brewery.
9. Suburbia – long exposure.
10. Indiana State Capitol Building.
11. Ben and Shelley Nelson – our gracious hosts!