The first time I visited South East Asia I didn’t even consider Laos as a travel destination; top of mind for me had always been Angkor Wat, the Ho Chi Minh Trail and the beaches of Thailand.
I wish I had considered Laos a long time ago.
Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage City, is mesmerizing. The people are friendly, the food is sublime, the colonial architecture magnificent and the pace of life is, as you may have heard it described, blissfully slow paced.
This is a quick look at some of the work we’ve done and things we’ve seen in Luang Prabang.
1. Sunset view of the misty mountains over the Mekong.
2. Laap – the national dish – served hot and fresh with buffalo.
3. A green leaf!
4. Monks undress, too.
5. A young monk says goodbye.
6. Umbrella sale at the night market.
7. On assignment at the Deux Rivieres boutique hotel.
8. A time to relax.
9. A view from the top of the city.
10. Making my morning rounds, meeting friendly folks.
11. A hearty Lao breakfast.
13. A young boy grills some buffalo.
14. A cute little Lao villager.